Re: XyDOS icon on Windows desktop (was: XYwrite for Windows)

On 24-03-01, Ed Cray    wrote

>I wish I could tell you just how the tech arranged it for me, but I have a
>DOS/XY icon on the Windows 98 opening screen. I click it with the
>mouse. I get Xy 3.57. I write. I hit the familiar F5 and enter
>"ty." My copy, letters, etc. print to my HP LaserJet IIP using the driver
>furnished by Xywrite.
>
>Same thing at my other computer using Windows 95.

When my Win98 PC was new and I was feeling adventurous, I wrote a DOS batch
program called XY4.BAT which reads as follows:
        cd ..
        cd XY4
        editor
(XY4 is, obviously, the directory where I loaded XY4 for DOS.)

I then put a shortcut [I think that's what it's called] on the Win98
desktop which runs this batch file. Voila.

Hope this helps.

Eric Van Tassel