Re: Hello to All you XyWrite 3.5X ers

On 05/31/97 at 06:54 AM,
  Phil Smith  said (in so many words):

<- but have you managed to convince Xy that the
<- French hairpins are not the signal for an in-text command?

That was one of the first little tricks I learned with Xy, lo those many
years ago. I had to help produce a text that was to be directly typeset
from and it not only had guillemets but, in quoted text, had them in the
*old* French style with a left guillemet beginning each line in a quote.
But, anyway, although some control characters are trickier, these are
easier---just put them in using the alt-ctrl-numberpad version, which, if
I remember, puts in the three-byte version, which shows and prints
correctly but isn't interpreted as the control character.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

The table is the only place where the first hour is not dull.
               --Brillat-Savarin

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU