Re: Concerning MAILPREP in XYWWWEB115.

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Mon, 27
Oct 2003 17:27:01 -0400 (EDT)

> I trust that the
> modifications you suggest to the printer file will not affect
> other things...?

"The printer file" -- meaning XyWbMail.PRN? No.

> By the way, are you suggesting something
> different from what you suggested this morning when you speak
> of xy2ansi?

No.

> academics like to see things appear
> the way they should appear, ... And the convention
> is to do something like this:
>  Nicolo Machiavelli, _The Discourses_, (London: ....
> This is maybe a bit fussy for you

Not at all. He's my favorite politician. He should be italicized -- although
perhaps only a tad, since he already _is_ Italian. Look, I understand the
convention. I use it too. But let me ask you: if you change MDIT to "_",
what are you going to do with MDUL? Programmers like to employ logical,
encompassing constructs -- airtight so bugs don't slip in between the cracks.
My advice is: use the CV command I mentioned earlier, before you MAILPREP.
Pre-Stack it in STARTUP.INT, so you don't have to remember it or reconstruct it
every time you need it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx