Re: Virus

> > At 12:09 AM 12/22/00 -0500, Judith Davidsen wrote:
> > >A little while ago, out of the blue, I received the email
> > >instructions below from McAfee for removing the w32/MTX
> > >virus/worm. In subsequent correspondence, McAfee claims I do
> > >not *have* the virus/worm but that I have an attachment that
> > >contains it.

The virus/whatever attachment seems to be the Hanson.scr
that we had roaming around here a few weeks ago. I had
deleted it unopened but Netscape sets up files of all
mail--deleted or not--under Programs, so under Programs I
still had it in Inbox and Trash, which I guess is where
McAfee found it.

I also found a note from Neville on this list dated Nov 29
that *his* McAfee had detected Hanson.scr, so I now must
leave you all to go write a note to McAfee asking them why
it took them a month to detect Hanson on my computer.

Judith Davidsen