Re: XyWrite in Windows

ArtL7 [mm, there's a cryptic name]:

>how well do the various Xywrite programs for Windows work?

XyWrite for Windows: well enough to satisfy many people; badly enough to
irritate many people. Not as well as Xy3+, that's for sure.

Nota Bene for Windows: the consensus seems to be that it's better than
XyWrite for Windows. (I don't know; the copy I ordered hasn't arrived
yet--and no this is not a complaint as I ordered it only hours ago.)

SmartWords: None of us knows yet except the reclusive Kenneth Frank.

>I'm using Xywrite III plus as part of DOS in Windows 98. Are the
>Windows-based versions worth getting (and if so, which one, and how),

That depends what you want them for.

>and are they easier to use than Word?

If you're Jo(sephin)e Q. Public, perhaps not; if you're more used to Xy3+
than to Word, XyWin will be easier to use for you and I'd imagine the other
two would be as well.
Peter Evans