Re: Website TTG An alternative?

I contacted Charm Net to see if they could share some light on the TTG situation.

Here is their response.

"Hello,

The domain was pointed to our system in the last couple of days by Mr. Frank; it is my understanding that the domain will be repointed elsewhere in the near future.

Thank you,

Pete Welsch
Charm Net Tech Support"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I also contacted Basha Systems, LLC at 117 Oneida Avenue, Croton-on-Hudson, NY  10520, a firm that sold the SmartWords product, and the owner, Mr. Seth Rowland reports that as of October 12, 2001, TTG has closed its doors.

Mr. Rowland then pointed me to the "Law on the Web" webpage [HTTPS://www.lawontheweb.com/lotw/default.asp?pAction=&fImage=1024&UB=NN4Win32], where this statement can be found:
  "LawOnTheWeb.com is back! Please read the Press
  Release about The Technology Group."

The Press Release: "The Technology Group is in the midst of a reorganization, but it is our goal to keep this site and other TTTG  products running and selling."

There is no other information on the press release page, but at the bottom of the main page comments are requested at: mailto:Feedback@xxxxxxxxFeedback@xxxxxxxx.

Mr. Rowland has volunteered to try to reach the principals of TTG, and determine what is to become of the base code.  I will forward that information should it become available.

Since TTG appears to be in bankruptcy, it may be time for the members of the Listserv, who are serious about acquiring the code base to prepare their bids, or establish an alliance to do so.  Mr. Frank's creditors may well persuade him, that it is in his best interest to sell the code.
Richard Henderson
Archivist
Special Media Archives Services Division
Still Picture Processing Team
(301) 713-6625, Ext. 265

>>> cld@xxxxxxxx 10/09/01 07:41PM >>>

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox" Tue, 09 Oct 2001
10:08:17 -0800

> I think someone on the List reported an attempt to contact TTG
> by phone, with disturbing results.

As of October 9, the URL for The Technology Group (www.tgrp.com)
links to a website for a Maryland ISP called Charm Net, Inc.
Different address, different phone and fax numbers, and an
altogether different type of business.

I guess those links aren't coming back, eh?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx