Random House Cd-Rom Dictionary & Xywrit

I've been enjoying the Random House Unabridged Dictionary Second Edition (RHUD)
on CD-ROM for the last eight months or so. It comes as a bonus to the 10-inch
thick weighs-a-ton hard copy, and it contains complete+identical text; book and
CD-ROM together retail for about $70 (you can't purchase them separately, but I
got my disk by giving $20 to a woman at Barnes & Noble who wanted only the
book). It's a pretty decent one-volume dictionary by any standard, and on
CD-ROM as good as anything short of the OED (which costs an extortionate $900).
Not that I've seen other CD-ROM dictionaries except with M$Bookshelf, which is
more concise (a Webster?). DOS and Windows search engines are included. But
RHUD gobbles too much memory as a TSR; and I can't get the Windows engine
(which has a handsome display) to pop up over XyWin (under Win-OS/2). However,
standalone in XyDOS, RHUD works like a charm. Best, the word under the XyWrite
cursor is passed to RHUD for lookup (if, and only if, you use all the switches
-- dos/nv/x/z -- and you make sure the cursor is in text rather than on the
CMline). Here's an interface (D: is the assumed CD-ROM drive):

In KBD:
-- ---
nn=NOJM,(,2,.,r,h,u,d,)

In U2:
-- --
{{5,rhud}} Poll "Random House Unabridged Dictionary" CD-ROM [Ascii-2]BX (es 1)