Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

The simplest thing (not the best, just the quickest and simplest) is to, in
Xy, do a CI changing the guillemets into simple angle brackets. Then change
back when done.

ci /≪/{/
ci /≫/}/
Note that above the double angle brackets stand for the guillemets produced on the command line by ctrl-< and ctrl->.

Then when taking it back into Xy just undo it.

ci /{/≪/
ci /}/≫/
Thus, doing a search/replacement in Word (replacing parenthetical "r"s with encircled "R"s) when I get the file doesn't completely solve the problem. Moreover, it adds extra steps that we are trying to avoid.) If there are too many extra steps, it is more efficient for me to just copy from Word the additional material she is writing and paste that into the XyWrite file.

Avram Sacks
Using XyWrite III Plus ver. 3.58B

     Avram L. Sacks

     Social Security Law Analyst