Re: heavy-duty search & replaces

Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  Wed, 25
Mar 1998 12:29:05 +0900

-> ...do not want to construct replace tables for every
-> occurrence. Therefore the program that Carl Distefano has
-> kindly provided seems to be exactly what I need. (If I were
-> allowed to make one more request, I'd love to be able to have
-> wildcards both in the search and the replace string, but if
-> that's not feasible, I can live with it.)

Alas, I don't see a way of getting wildcards on both sides of the
equation that wouldn't be very laborious, and slow. Others are
welcome to try.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/