Re: Caps Lock position

I could do that but I don't see the point unless I could set the photo up in some kind of scientifically valid manner,
Not necessary: I just don't grasp the nature of the problem. Seeing your kbd would help. As I understand it, you do want to use the capslock key as ctrl, but sometimes you find yourself hitting that key when you didn't mean to. In those cases, what key did you mean to hit?
and I don't know how to do that. I do mean to try to take some decent measurements and those, together with a photo, may be of some help. You bring up another matter: are attachments allowed in this list? Is HTML? And I have a general question: to what extent do people read email in non-HTML-capable email readers today? At 11/01/2014 23:25, you wrote:
Bill, Why not take a photo of the keyboard and upload it here? If that's against the rules, put it somewhere on the web that we can take a look. --Harry David, my problem isn't that it is caps-lock - - I have, with some program or another - - KeyTweak - - reassigned it to ctrl. My problem is that on this keyboard I keep on hitting it accidentally. As I use Eudora a lot, it is very easy, if I happen to hit ctrl accidentally whilst quickly typing a word which contains e, t or m, to queue and send a message midway through composition. If I brought it back to caps lock, there would at least be less damage, and of course I may simply have to disable it. But I hate having to move to the hand-disabling position that ctrl now occupies on most keyboards.