Re: help with Clipboard

For clipping *from* XyWrite, you can use a macro that does a save-as (of the whole file or a highlighted portion) thru the rtf filter to a temp file, then opens the temp file in WordPad. Of course, you need the W4W filters installed, etc., etc.

I wrote such a macro for creating faxable files under XyDos (and for clipboarding, etc.). But it
invokes the DOS versions of the Word4Word filters (.exe files instead of the DLLs). I'd be happy to
post the macro here (I've done so in the past; it's not horribly long) or send it privately as an
attachment to any who request.

You can run the program from a keyboard shortcut (one keystroke) and then, when WordPad displays the
text, press Ctrl+A to highlight all and Ctrl+C to copy to the Windows clipboard. Total of 3
keystrokes.

Other nice thing: once the text is in the WordPad file, you can edit it. Sorta like having an
editable clipboard.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx