Re: semi OT: sort dir

Myron Gochnauer wrote:

> Does anyone know of a utility that will literally sort a long-filename
> directory, so that the on-disk directory is in the sorted order?

I downloaded a program from the net which does this.

In its doc there is the following:

    The latest news about LFNSORT is available on my web
page,
    http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/programs

but that's probably out of date now: it was shareware
originally but is no longer. I could zip it and its doc up
& let you have them if you can't find it on the net.

Incidentally I agree with your:

> I've noticed (I think) that when Win2K copies files to
> another drive it doesn't always do this in the order
> that they appear in Windows Explorer.

but for win98 not 2k.
John