Re: OT: Going without Norton

--- Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> I would like to know
> if any XyWriters have
> been going without anti-virus software

Probably not the best of ideas, this being Windows.

> failed Gibson's "LeakTest." Is there something I can
> set in XP to give
> stronger firewall protection? I connect to the 'net
> through a router that
> has a built-in firewall.

Not sure what to tell you there, but I'm interested in
the subject of unwanted info getting OUT, as well as
IN.

> Or perhaps there is some not
> bloated virus protection software someone could
> recommend (Panda has gotten
> bloated).
>
> Your opinions and reports of your experiences
> welcomed.

I've been using the free version of AVG for a couple
years now, and like it. Another free one that seems
to garner recommendations is Avast. I don't know what
crosses the line for you into bloatware, but I'd say
they are pretty svelte, compared to Norton or McAfee.

 Jordan