Re: re Northgate keyboards

On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:51:18 -0600, Alison Tartt wrote:

>My OmniKey 102 has developed a sticking Enter key. I've tried removing
the
>keyboard cover and using a pressurized duster to clean out the
fuzzballs.
>But that didn't help.

People have said, in earnest, that it's possible to put a keyboard
through a dishwasher cycle to clean it. (I swear.) I've never attempted
it myself but it might be worth trying as a last resort.

Is this the kind of problem that is considered
>"unfixable" or "not worth fixing"? For a while, I used the Enter key
next
>to the keypad, but for me that was too inconvenient. Fortunately, I had
>spare 102 squirreled away and have now switched, but I hate to just
pitch
>the malfunctioning one. If anyone is interested in it (and if you think
you
>can fix it or get it fixed), let me know. I'd like to find it a good
home.

Are you in NYC? I take keyboards in and offer them clean fingers and
lean prose. You can never have too many of them, I believe.

-Rafe T.
www.ray-field.com