Re: NB Startup

Michael Norman wrote:

Show you how long it's been since I've used the call. Thanks, Leslie. Do you know how to create BX/Q2? I've been cutting and pasting. And I can't locate instructions in either the customization guide or XYSEARCH.
Michael, Well Mr. TeBrake has already given you the answer for Nota Bene, and it works the same in XyWrite. I have also modified my keyboard to make the process even easier. I use alt/F11 and alt/F12, but of course you can use any keystrokes you like. Here's how: 87=BX,P,F,U,N,C, ,B,X,Q2 88=BX,P,F,U,N,C, ,Q,2,Q2 The numbers shown are the scancodes for the F11 and F12 keys respectively. Open your keyboard file, after copying it to a backup file first. Then, search for, in this case, table=alt, then search for 87=, comment out the item that is there by placing a semicolon in front of it; then do the same for 88=. Then replace them with the above, save the keyboard file, reload it, and this should work.
Michael Norman
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup