Re: Lock-up at BX230611.SPD

** Reply to message from Steve Webber  on Thu, 24 Oct
2002 08:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Do you Yahoo!?

No. Never. Why do you ask?

> Anyone with a good next move????

> I'm still just inching along
> toward installing v114.

> Right now, at start-up my Xy4 ver. 4.018 displays
> the prompt message "Loading font file:
> BX230611.SPD and locks up.

> Only thing I can get to work is a
> ctrl-alt-del which only gives me
> "Do you want to exit? (Y/N)"

> What now, brown cow?

Steve, there are hundreds of potential causes -- but probably just one that is
the culprit. You need to be a lot more specific. Do you know how to debug
STARTUP.INT? Move  commands down through the file, one line at a
time, repeatedly launching and quitting, until you isolate the one line that is
causing the problem (you'll know, because you won't see the "Here" PRompt
anymore). I doubt very much that the Speedos are the problem. If you can't
figure it out, attach your STARTUP.INT to a msg and post it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx