Re: Pipe dreams

RWU:

>I seem to recall reading that some of the original developers of
>Wordperfect split off to create a smaller wp called Justwrite.

The last time I looked, perhaps a year ago, it was called Yeah Write. It
was indeed smaller: it was "simplified" for use by simple, sorry, strike
that out, terminally undemanding people. You could use it free with no nag
screens, or pay a very modest sum ($15?) for a registered version with a
few more features. In "functionality" [ugh!] it was way behind any program
any of us was halfway satisfied with even before we discovered Xy. I
thought its name was the best part.

SH:

>But I think this discussion is becoming more off-topic as we go. May I
>suggest that we (and those interested) continue the discussion off-list?

My two groats' worth: I enjoy informed and concise discussion here of
alternative software, either real or imaginary--as well of course as
reasons why such software is not necessary. There's a difference between
this on the one hand and me-too denunciations of Word on the other. The
latter are tedious (even for this Word-loather).
Peter Evans