NEW DV ANOMALY

I've just run into a perplexing and annoying problem, and perhaps some-
one here can shed some light on it. The only recent change to my setup is that
I upgraded DesqView '386 from v. 2.26 to the current 2.34. Now, when loading
XY (still using v. 3.55) under DV, portions of my STARTUP file are being
_disregarded._ It's strange alright. About half the macros in my .KBD file
just don't take effect (or create inappropriate characters, when that combo is
struck), and neither do a couple of
.PMs which are supposed to load to & S/GTs. So it's more than just lines
being "dropped" when STARTUP runs. Everything works normally when I run XY by
itself, though, outside of DV. I could take this up with Quarterdeck, but this
BBS seems a likelier venue for getting some answers.