Re: Fonts

Georgia is - or was - downloadable from Microsoft, tho'
I haven't got a url.
It should also be included with every contemporary version of Win,
Explorer, etc. Georgia is a version of Matthew Carter's 'Miller' which is
his interpretation of Scotch Roman. It is highly optimized for the screen
and makes a good screen font - better than Times - if you want a serif
font. It was designed to look particularly good on the screen, but the
primary goal was to make it print well.
One of my favorite screen fonts is Geneva, typically only used on the Mac.
It's a version of Helvetica/Arial, but more pleasing in many respects.
Depending on which OS you use, it is rasterized differently on the Mac; I
prefer the pre-8.5 rasterization. I don't know if a good Windows version is
available. In addition, the optimizations for the Mac might not be
effective on Windows.