Re: Death of the English Language

Reply to note from flash  Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:05:46
+0200

> We should absolutely _not_ confiscate their earphones! _They_
> are what keep them from noticing, and therefore interfering
> with, _our_ work.

Earphones leak sound -- often profusely -- and ten times out of ten
it's sound that I don't want to hear. I've taken to wearing earplugs
on public transport in NYC due to the omnipresence of those infernal
things. They're undoubtedly causing an epidemic of deafness, for
which we all will eventually pay. In fact, we've already started
paying. Have you noticed the decibel level of the music pumped into
retail establishments these days? It's oppressive. Anyway, don't get
me started. Did you see the piece in the NYT about iPhones and
toddlers? Scary stuff.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx