Re: Leaving

Richard Henderson wrote:

> Robert
>
> Thank you for the interesting essay on modern slavery. It is just one more example of why your total absence from the XyList, will be injurious to those of us who remain. I encourage you to consider: a "digest" subscription, to refuse to do any programming for others, or to leave, but then quietly re-enlist and just lurk and occasionally make similar commentaries based on topics brought up by the members of the list, or other sources, by sending them to Carl, Manuel, or any of the rest of us, and asking that you message be forwarded to the list.

I am in full agreement with Richard's comments. Robert: Regardless of the occasional irascible
flareup (justified, as often as not), your perspective, your eruditon on many significant and
interesting subjects ranging far outside the official focus of this List -- indeed, your very
personality -- are just irreplaceable, and will be sorely missed by everyone here. While I can't
really dispute most of the reasons you cited, I would also hope there might be *some* alternative,
such that you could scale way back on being the guru-in-residence and
on-call here (along with Carl), without your disappearing or disengaging completely. But if that is
not to be -- and I say this looking back close to 20 years, over a variety of online venues -- it
has truly been a great pleasure.

Jordan