Re: disk overflow in XY4

TBaehr@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Yes, about 4.2 MB seems to be the limit. I was in touch with TTG several
> times about it. Dave E. is aware of it, and has even tried to fix it, but he
> has other fish to fry. I think this is just one of the things we'll have to
> live with in XyWrite. When I was trying to edit 20 MB files, I simply gave
> up. I forget what I ended up using (it was several years ago, and with age my
> mind is getting more sieve-like).

I guess it depends what you're editing. If it is just text, you can always use a
utility like CHOP (an old DOS one I still use, but there are a number of others),
to separate it into more manageable chunks, edit things down, then reassemble the
sections into one continuous file again. Depending on the final size, that last
part may have to be done with something other than XY -- either another util., a
file mgr., or the old DOS concatenation trick.