Re: XY 4.17 DOS

I can generally avoid the page line bug, but the one that gets me is one
that pops up in documents (multi-parters), where it can screw up the
endnotes--leaving out the first line on a page of endnotes or dropping the
last 5 characters (it's half pretending the first line is subject to an
ip5,0). On book length documents I've simply had to pull those pages and
reprint them separately with a carefully crafted formating. Normal
footnoting also has some bugs. Years ago, when I reported all this and sent
files, tech support talked me through various esoteric (and unmotivated) bt
and other changes. To no avail. It's never been fixed. That's my most
annoying bug. It ought to be sitting on their bug list from years ago, but
I'll bet they've long since lost it. Oh well, I use it for most things
anyway. It's my one remaining dos app. --
 auerbach@xxxxxxxx