!xse/!profile etc [was `RX Function Call']

If this msg is a dup, I apologize. From here,
it looks like the first went into orbit. 	--a

≪ [A]fter doing an across files search and opening the desired
document, merely invoking SE without a new search string causes the
last-used search string to be inserted on the Command Line. I've rigged
up a key at executes the SE call: key=BX,(,s,e,) thanks to Carl. I want
to do something similar to save keystrokes in Xy 3+. ≫ --jim eberle

Jim: !XSE is unrelated in any way to keystroke recording, but *is* a v3
crossfile search utility: Clear CMline, type path (if you choose, with
spaces instead of a colon and backslashes), search string, and one
delimiter, hit . !XSE completes the command and launches a
search, first going to another window if invoked from an open file.

When you've let the crossfile search open a file and exit:
!XSE relies on a support system called !PROFILE: Tap the !PROFILE
 to put the search command on the CMline
and hit  again--strips path and sets up a cv command using the
search string as the replace string (the command is a de facto search
until you overwrite the replace $). When ready to go on to next file:
With a sa, cv, or ci command on CMline, hit  again. This time
it aborts the file and starts the crossfile search anew.

!PATH, which !XSE calls optionally to convert spaces in the path
to : and \, as a stand-alone supports almost any command that takes a path
statement. !PATH and !XSE are part of a collection of !PROFILE-dependent
utilities called--what else?--!FILEPRO.

!PROFILE is a set of integrated xpl utilities that in effect establish
some va$s xyWrite 3 forgot (profile the launch state), plus coordinated
runtime libraries of oft-used procedures. !PROFILE is invisible except
in the performance of xpl programs that use it.

If you or anyone else would like !XSE/!PATH or just !PATH, email me.
Each is small, as is !PROFILE, but in combination and with documentation
they're a bit long (c. 13000) to post here. !PROFILE alone and !FILEPRO
collectively also are yours for the asking. 	--a