Re: installing y2k correction for Xydos 4.018 in dos under Win98SE

Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have installed a new computer, and because some corruptions had gotten into
> Xydos 4.018 in the old box, I installed from the 4.017 disks with 4.018 disks
> in the new one, in a directory c:\xy4.018, where everything else in the Xy
> installation resides. Yet the Y2k patch is not working. (This is not in a
> Win98 window, but was installed under dos before Windows loaded fully. When I
> open Xy4.018 in a Win98 window, the Xy update "takes." It still functions in
> the old computer, but not the new.
> I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Excuse me, but it is not clear, at least to me, precisely what is going on here.
Is the complete installation of this blended XyWrite in a directory called
xy4.018? (With the period? That may not be legal in dos. I frankly don't
remember.) Your use of the phrase "everything else" implies otherwise but I see
no indication this is so. Perhaps something got garbled in transmission, though,
because I see no closing parens. I am quoting in full what I received, just in
case something you intended to say didn't get received at this end. For this I
apologize both to you and the list.

Anyway: Have you put this directory in your path statement?

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)