Re: A pointer, please.

Thomas J Hawley wrote:

> If by "matrix" you mean a column table, that's a feature which I have
> never been able to get to work properly.

I used to use then often, quite some time ago, but this was likely in
Xy-3. That feature can get rather flakey, depending on what you're
trying to do and how you use it. I have seen it set the screen
jitterbugging all over the place, in some cases. It is not at all
intuitive, and the results are very non-WYSIWYG, but you can get a feel
for it and it does work. At least it did in 3.5x. I can't recall the
last time I used it in 4.0.

For some tasks you might be better off with something that has a native
"cell-based" design, a la Framework. (Is that still around ?) I've seen
people do things like this with text in 1-2-3, which is still around, but
just barely. Clearlook, from Sundial Systems, is a contemporary
word-processor based on a cell-design. (Well . . . no single tool does
*everything.*)

Jordan