From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 3:22 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: printer problem

Xyquestrians, Xybernauts, Xysters:

Some sort of glitch has inserted itself into my printing process.
When I
print a document of two or more pages, p 1 comes out fine, but p
2 comes out
printed 5 characters wide down the right-hand edge of the paper.
P 3 (and
successive alternate pp follow the same pattern: 3 normal, 4 the
narrow
strip. . . .

I am presently using Xy 4.011 in a Pentium 75 mhz machine with 40
mb RAM, and
an NEC 860 laser printer. Running Xydos within Win 98, (and
4.011 because
I've not yet been able to get 4.017 reinstalled since "upgrading
(!)" to Win
98; I intend to address that problem when I get some free time.).

I've checked to ascertain that I did not leave columns turned on
last time I
used it, and that my settings.dfl file is okay as to margins,
offsets, etc.
I've also checked printer settings, but find things *looking*
normal.

M'aidez, s.v.p.!
              Bruce Felknor