Re: XYwrite for Windows

Ed Cray wrote:

> Guys:
>
> I wish I could tell you just how the tech arranged it for me, but I have a
> DOS/XY icon on the Windows 98 opening screen. I click it with the
> mouse. I get Xy 3.57. I write. I hit the familiar F5 and enter
> "ty." My copy, letters, etc. print to my HP LaserJet IIP using the driver
> furnished by Xywrite.

Ed,

I imagine your tech simply created a "shortcut" for you. Or, since you
are printing from the XyWrite driver, perhaps he created a batch file.

Those LaserJet II's last forever, don't they? Until recently, we still
had one going, long after the III's and even a 4 met their deaths. Ah
well.

> Same thing at my other computer using Windows 95.
>
> Thus, it must be possible to emulate this on your computer.

Very easy. To create a shortcut, you click on my computer, click on
view, to arrange icons by _type_. Then, click on view details. You will
then quickly be able to find editor.exe. Right click on it, and drag it
to the desktop. A dialog box will appear asking you whether you want to
move, copy, or create a shortcut. You want to create a shortcut. As for
batch files, "Created by professional on a closed course. Do not
attempt."

May your Trojans fare well against Duke tonight!

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)