Re: Control key problems with vDosXy?

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sun, 21 Dec 2014
22:31:10 +0000

Bill,

TABLE FUNC will give you a list of all the 2-char functions
and their uses. There you'll see the entry for func IR:

"Insert Replacement into temporary or personal dictionary without

Nothing jumps out at me from your TABLE=CTRL listing, but I have two
thoughts:

1) The fault, if any, in the KBD file may lie in TABLE=. What are
the assignments for 29= and 99=, i.e., the two Ctrl keys?

2) In any event, try the old trick of renaming the shifting keys to
non-standard names. I use:

KAPS=58,T:C
SHFT=42,54
XALT=56,98
CNTL=29,99

Obviously you need to makee these changes globally throughout the
KBD file.

Can't hurt, might help.

--
Carl Distefano