Re: Seamless XyWrite/Win7-64/XP mode

Reply to note from Jon P  Fri, 4 Jan 2013
22:05:52 -0800 (PST)

Jon:

> I had wanted to save the file directly into Win7 while writing,
> but this attempted line in STARTUP.INT didn't work for me, ...
>
> BX CD \\TSCLIENT\C\XYQ2

To quote Robert's instructions for frame UNC, "a remote share cannot
be your ~'current directory')". It's just the way it is.

> Instead with this key assignment in my .kbd file, for CTRL-C, I
> save the file in Win7 once it's written.
>
> 46=BC,s,a, ,\,\,t,s,c,l,i,e,n,t,\,c,\,x,y,XC

I suggest using BX...Q2 instead. It's faster, and avoids erasing the
CMline:

46=BXs,a, ,\,\,t,s,c,l,i,e,n,t,\,c,\,x,y,Q2

Also, if you get unwanted overwrite confirmation prompts, you can
avoid them with:

46=BXs,a,/,n,v, ,\,\,t,s,c,l,i,e,n,t,\,c,\,x,y,Q2

> hey, it works.

Hallelujah! I suppose the next frontier will be Win 8 -- or its
successor, if 8 turns out to be the next Vista.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx