levels of the game

With Michael Edwards's queries in mind, I'll remark here that both
XyWrite itself & also much of the discussion in this list can be
intimidating.

Neither is as difficult as it may seem.

Anyone in the least accustomed to computers can pick up
run-of-the-keyboard XyWrite within a few hours, & without help, too.

Exploiting XPL -- & understanding discussion by experts thereof -- is
illuminating but neither essential nor urgent. XPL can wait till you're
ready. (It's still waiting for me.)

As for recent pyrotechnics, well, several years ago I flamed in frustration both the
list owner & also a mysterious contributor who was given to posts
consisting in their entirety of `Yes. -- k.' I soon realized that I was
quite wrong about the former.

Here I record that several Old Reliables helped me through that
regrettable episode both off list & on. I particularly recall kind
words from Tim Baehr, Daniel Say, & -- yesss, Annie. (Help from Carl
Distefano came later.)

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle