Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000

"Ambos, Paul" wrote:

> On the non-default-directory problem, check to see that the archive bit is
> not set on the directory you are trying to display

Thanks!! You're right---the XyWrite dir command doesn't see any files in
directories with the archive bit set (under either W98 or W2000). Unsetting it
allows it to see the directory listing. I would never have thought there might
be any relation with the status of the archive bit!! (I believe that the bit
got set on some directories of my new computer when I copied entire directories
from an old computer using the Windows explorer.)

(If \x is a directory, with a subdirectory y, which in turn has a subdirectory
z, and the default directory is \x, the command
dir y
in XyWrite produces the right result, but the command
dir y\z
does not, regardless of the status of the archive bit (in either W98 or W2000).
In DOS this command works, but maybe it was never intended to work in XyWrite.)

--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics

martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx