Re: Menus (not) in Xy4

In article ,
Mike Gawdun  wrote:

>Yes, it does bring up the Open File dialog box but that's it.
You >wind up staring at the list of files with no keyboard
commands that >can be executed.

[...snip...]

>If I hit the enter key after using Ctrl + O, I get a stupid
dialog >box telling me to fill in the file name in the above
field. This >forces me to go to the mouse and click the left
mouse button to >enter the file name in the field above the list
of files. It is an >unnecessary extra step that almost paralyzes
the right hand if you >do this for an hour a day like I do.

Will this help? Hit CTRL+O to bring up the Open File dialogue
box. Hit the TAB key to move to the file list. Use CURSOR UP or CURSOR
DOWN to highlight the file you are interested in. Hit ENTER to
open.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan