jr_fox@xxxxxxxx

From: Morris Krok
Subject: migrate to Xy4
Date: Sunday, September 03, 2000 4:29 AM

from Morris Krok
  essence@xxxxxxxx

Norman,
        Although I just commenced migrating to Xy4, I find the
essential programs I use in Xy3 do work. The programs I am referring to are
those written by Herb Tyson and contained in his book XyWrite Revealed. To
make this possible use Xy3-4 keyboard as given in the Xy4 program. this
enables one to use the same keys as in Xy3. The programs that I find work
are as follows:

  Pfunc.pm (enables you to embed functions in your program even those not
found in Xy3 such as BX, Q2 and ES(escape).

  Func.pm (enables one to use functions in text programs to perform
certain tasks.
  Home.pm - a small program that allows you to take the line you editing
to the top of the screen.
  Del-upto.pm - for deleting portions of text to a manually marker.
  Extend.pm - for selecting text and modifying the selection by increasing
or diminishing what has been selected.
  Save.pm - for saving text

  It also worked for a short program that I wrote which enables me to type
in shorthand and have the entire text expanded, spaces automatically
inserted after punctuation marks, and the capitalization of the first word
of a sentence or paragraph. I will however, how to modify it slightly so
that it works as smoothly as in Xy3.