Re: OT: standalone defrag for W98 ?

Leslie Bialler wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with the W98 defrag. I ran it all the time when I
> was on W98. The problem is you have to shut down all programs. What's
> happening is that every once in a while some program that's running is
> trying to do something, and that means the defragger has to start all over
> again.
>
> Call up your task manager, and shut down everything but explorer. Then run
> defrag.

Thanks, Leslie. I wondered what might be going on, and you've just filled in
the blanks. There are a couple kids using this PC. As you might imagine,
they have tons of stuff (various flavors of Instant Messenger, and I don't
know what else) loading at boot time. I'm amazed the thing boots up at all.

Jordan