Re: VIRUS!!!!!

                         Michael Edwards.

[Jeremy Vine:]

>I cannot find KAK.HTM on my machine and there appears to be no registry
>entry, so that should be an end to this nasty.

   I just had another look at the e-mail quoted above. According to my
information, the critical file is "kak.hta", not "kak.htm". I mentioned this in
my original letter on this subject; but, given that apparently some people
believe the guilty file to be "kak.htm", and might search only for that, I
thought it just as well to stress that it is "kak.hta".
   Just to be on the safe side, I would search for kak*.* and *.kak, in all
subdirectories (including hidden ones), using a utility that can see hidden
files, too. (I still don't have any of the infected files myself.)

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.