Re: XyWrite/Windows XPL

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> >> So much for old-fashioned brand loyalty.
> >
> My aside was very mild. Brand loyalty was a euphemistic way of touching on
> honesty, taste, forthrightness. I like Herb. But I still think his act is
> damned peculiar, and -- as you noticed -- I don't mind saying so.
> Enthusiastically promoting three competetive products is nothing to be
> particularly proud of. It verges on insincerity; might even be
> meretricious.

I fail to see how writing a book that tells readers how to improve their
use of a product and make it perform better represents "enthusiastic
promotion." As much as anything, Herb deals with overcoming
_shortcomings_ in either the product or its documentation...or there
wouldn't be anything for him to write a book about.

--Marv Katz