Re: Windows 10 considerations

Dear Paul,

I think you have an important point there. In fact, my own rig (an HP
Z400 which I bought second-hand was originally a Vista machine that has
been upgraded to Win7). It is true that you can upgrade many XP machines
to Win7, most Vista machines to Win7, most Win7 machines to Win8 and
Win10. My point is to resist any unnecessary changes as long as one can.
Keep your system in the original configuration while it is supported.
Less pain, more gain. Despite all the talk about user interface
enhancements, I have seen none that really matter. The operating system
should remain in the background, the apps should be the main thing in
our computing.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)