Re: Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

I found the interaction between XyWrite and Windows in XP Mode to be
clumsy. It's seamless under vDosXy.

On 04/11/2015 10:08 PM, Lynn Brenner wrote:
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Carl Distefano mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx> wrote: if you're more interested in running Xy as a freestanding program (as opposed to having it interact with Windows programs), I would give serious consideration to running XyWrite in a virtual machine. On the other hand, vDosXy is so easy to set up, and works so well, that you can hardly lose by trying it. I can't do without some interaction between Xywrite and Windows: I write and edit everything in Xywrite, then open Xywrite files in Notepad, and copy and paste them into Word to email to my editors. I also use Notepad as a conduit to save research material to Xywrite. It's very convenient for me to have Xywrite, Notepad, Word, and Firefox on the same desk top, where I can quickly move between them. Could I do that if I ran Xywrite in a virtual machine?
-- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne Theoretical Economics, a journal of the Econometric Society http://econtheory.org Follow TE: http://twitter.com/EconTheory