Re: file-specific display mode

Patricia,

I would create a program called, let's say, open.pgm, and assign it to a
save get key.

It would be the equivalent of putting the cursor on a file in your
directory and calling the file that way. (As I remember this is the
first example of XPL given in the 3+ manual of sainted memory.

To that program I would add an if statement that would say if the
filename were this, then call it, go to command line, and open it in
expanded.

CA GH XP GT

Something of that sort.

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

Is there anyway one can code a given file or files to always open in a specific mode (expanded, in this case)? One can, of course, set the default mode from the CoMmandLine before calling the file, or call the file and then quickly hit Ctrl-F8. But I often forget to do the first or want other files to display in draft mode. And some of the dBase program files that I'm writing in XyWrite (one of these days I will write up this technique for getting the best of both worlds) have ColumnTable code in them that XyW protests if the file isn't in Expanded Mode. Patricia
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup