Re: old fashion

Morris Krok:

 Now with the computer, > the scanner, lazer and colour
 printers and of > course, the wonderful word processing
 language > of XyWrite we can all consciously create > and
 emulate the geniuses of classical > thinking.
This is technological determinism run riot. Letters, spreadsheets, corporate profiles, etc., may be produced more quickly, more prettily, or maybe even freer of errors than thirty years ago, but I haven't noticed any additional literary or verbal creativity that's attributable to the word processor. And while the scanner is a very handy tool (I have and use one myself), I don't see it as at all creative. Am I overlooking something? >
 Our search should be for > that single thought that is so
 profoundly all > encompassing that it will reverberate around
 the > ethers of the world for aeons to come.
I humbly proffer my single thought of the day: "Eschew simplistic pseudo-solutions to complex problems." >
 I am old fashion guy who > prefers dos to windows.
OK, but then why on earth use MS Outlook Express, or append (or allow that proggie to append) a screenful of junk -- viz. > > > > > DELETED - Identified as Kak Worm > > > > etc. etc. -- to the end of the message? ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Peter Evans