Another strange macro request...

I am sorry if I am bothering the experts with weird macro requestis, but
here I go again... just if somebody has a few minutes to take a crack at
this, I would be delighted.

Here is the situation:
I have to files (computer files, very structured). One in language A, the
other in language B.
The number of lines is identical.
Now what I need to produce is one combined file which contains langage A
and language B alternatingly.
So, for example, the files look like:

File A:
"Dialogue"
"Cancel"
"Group No."

File B:
"Dialog"
"Abbrechen"
"Gruppe Nr."

What I need is:

"Dialogue"
"Dialog"
"Cancel"
"Abbrechen"
"Group No."
"Gruppe Nr."

I thought about numbering all lines in File A with 1A, 2A, 3A and all lines
in file B with "1B, 2B, 3B" etc, then merge the files and sort them, and
then remove the numbering.
But the files are huge, and even numbering would take a lot of time if done
manually. Help?

--
-- Rene