Re: URGENT--features for "XyWrite 5," replies needed

Carl,

As the Xy3 "printer files" are actually the glue between the screen
presentation and the formatting codes (and ultimately the printer
instructions), I think some implementation of Xy3-like printer/screen
tables is necessary to achieve basic Xy3 compatibility. Xy3 or Xy4 XPL
syntax is not a dealbreaker.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

As for printing, I wouldn't hold out much hope for backward compatibility with either Xy4 or Xy3 printer files, if the program will indeed integrate with Windows printing facilities, as it should.