Re: XY3 freezes

I believe you have to copy the XyWrite disks into the directory you
created in reverse order.  First you copy in Disk 4, then
disk 3, then disk 2, and then Disk 1.  You allow them to renumber
themselves in the directory as you go.  Then you run
Startup.

Why this is required has been explained to me, but I have forgotten the explanation.

I am not even sure this is the correct answer to your problem, but it should be worth a try.  I have to do it every time I have to reinstall XyWrite (I am running XyWrite for Windows under Windows98), and each time, I have to experiment a little to recall just how the renumbering option works.  But ultimately I get it right, and get the program up and running again.

(Then of course, I have to recall and re-install all my personal preferences, but that's another story.)  Good luck.

--RHKubie