RE: PIF files for XP

At 01:08 PM 5/5/2008, Jim Eberle wrote:
The attachment you sent didn't show what's happening. The 25 lines are
displayed on just three-fourths of my screen, making the lines crunched
closer together. The remaining one-quarter of the screen is black.
Adjusting the monitor didn't help. All I could accomplish was move the
black area to the bottom of the screen. It had originally been above and
below the 25 lines. This is happening with XY4 DOS running on Win XP
with a digital cable between computer and monitor.

What's your DVI card and have you installed the latest drivers?
What happens when you invoke an NTVDM session (Programs-Accessories--command prompt)? If you get a "DOS" window, navigate to your XY root directory and start XY at the prompt with editor.exe. Does XY fill that small window?
 Your lines are crunched because the reduced screen is changing the
aspect ratio. It would help if you can send a screen shot. Have you
checked your bios settings. I recall this was a somewhat common
problem on laptops and -- I think I have this right -- you had to go
into the bios and change a setting -- from text mode to graphics
mode, if I remember correctly. Sounds like your hardware is not set
to map Dos to fill the display. I don't think WIN'S DPI settings
affect this, but you might play with those as an experiment.
Michael Norman