Re: general curiosity

'ello

Someone wrote:
> I bought XyWrite recently after years of reading and hearing about what a
> great program it is for writers.

I have used XyWrite for many years. It is a wonderful product. Issues of
bugs, (lack of) support and pricing make it impractical (for our
organisation) to continue using it.

> Here's an example of my problems: I create and name a new document, and
find
> that the program has defaulted to the Courier face, and none of the
commands
> I try will change it to Swiss. The only way I can get the typeface menu

XyWrite is tailor-made for such situations -- press Ctrl-F8, find the font
command and fix it.

> Is there (or was there ever) a Q book or other third-party manual that is
> written in fairly clear English and organized so that one doesn't have to
> know the answer to a question before you can ask it?

There was (is ?) a book covering version up to three-point-something which
did a good job of guiding the novice user. I have an idea it was published
by McGraw-Hill.

Cliff Featherstone
   Web and Data Master at World Equity Network
   the name behind WEN and DataShare
   Tel: +27-11-706-7114  Fax: +27-11-706-5833
   www: http://www.ixchange.com/wen/
   Mail: Box 98553 Bryanston 2152 South Africa
  Cliff Direct: Tel +27-11-788-4562  Fax: +27-11-788-0828
   Mobile +27-83-305-5144
   e-mail: cliff@xxxxxxxx