Re: XPL is smarter than we are

Thanks, Carl. I had no idea that there was a true and false
associate with . I assumed that 0 meant no error.

Well, as you discovered, the way to reset is to issue a command --
any command -- that succeeds.  The fact that an immediately preceding
command failed is irrelevant; won't be tricked into reporting a
false error.  The ror state always refers to the last-executed
command.  For this reason it's rarely if ever necessary to "reset the
error flag".  Nevertheless, one command that does so reliably, every
time, is BX waitQ2 .  WAIT always succeeds.  And, in most contexts, it
executes instantaneously -- because ninety-nine times out of a hundred
there's nothing for it to wait for.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx