Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

There is no "editior.exe," as such, on the 4.017 disks; they run an
installation batch program. I'd have to do the whole thing, and I'm
pretty sure I'd lose all my settings, keyboard programming, etc., that
way. Am I wrong?
--Peter Goldberger

Harry Binswanger wrote:
I'd just copy over EDITOR.EXE from your disk. See if that does it.
Sorry to report that following Patricia's crystal clear instructions gave me yet another lovely desktop shortcut to a 1-second XyWrite session. It opened editor, and a second later it crashed just as before and as it did after each of the other proposed solutions. If neither Carl, nor Robert nor Harry nor Patricia has the solution, it seems doubtful that a solution is possible. And yet it must be. Any other ideas? Fresh copy of the whole program from XyWrite.com? I have my 4.017 disks, although the laptop, of course, has no diskdrive. I could copy the TTG disks into my office network and then back onto the laptop ...
--Peter G