Re: Tame (was: XY and Win2k)

To say that I'm positive about the new version of Tame is an understatement: I'm ecstatic!!
It makes my computer usable again!! (OK, I do have a few Windows programs that work fine
under W2k without Tame...) I've paid my US$20 (more than 30 of my snow-covered dollars, and
well worth many times as much).

I will post a more detailed report when I figure out some points with the author of the
program.

In the meantime, let me reveal my ignorance (again):

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> Tame can be tweaked for even better performance, via the
> registry. A private REGEDIT4 file (developed by David) that optimizes for
> XyWrite is attached to this msg; after you install Tame v4.41, run the REG
> file.

  What should I do with the file? I can see in the registry there is a folder for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tame. I guess I should add the .reg file as another entry
somehow?

--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics