OT: ThinkPad X6--first impressions

Per my previous queries and hand-wringing about buying this:
My Thinkpad X61 arrived. I found it why it's cheaper than the competition: no built in CD drive! I looked at all the specs, but didn't notice the dog that didn't bark, so to speak.
Pro's: Fast (2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM), light (under 4 lbs), comes with XP
installed. Very little crapware on the system--notably, no AOL stuff. It
came with a utility that transferred a lot of my files, over the network
from old computer to new, automatically segregating what did not need
installation from what did (though, of course, not unerringly).
Con's: Absence of CD/DVD drive. The display is very slightly washed out,
and varies too much with the viewing angle, especially the vertical angle.
I've got Xy with Tame 5.1 running on it, but it isn't stable yet, so I
haven't yet tested the operational speed.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx